A New book: The Open Door of Emptiness.
The Open Door of Emptiness is a new book of public talks and teachings prepared by Divya for Kindle. It is available as a kindle e-book and as a kindle paperback book.
James says “Although the word ‘emptiness’ can seem a bit intimidating, in the Buddhist traditions it is the key to freedom. Our mind is intrinsically empty of self and any fixed or defining content. We are not defined by anything which has occurred, that is occurring now, or will even occur in the future. Being empty of fixed content allows us to open to all that occurs without being trapped in reactivity. By resting in the intrinsic openness of our mind it becomes clear that we are not a thing amongst things.”
The talks included are:
- Getting to know how we are. Teachings given in Frankfurt, 11 March 1995.
- Love and impermanence: from grasping and attachment to simply seeing and appreciating. Teaching given in Warsaw over the 14th to 15th Dec 2019.
- Open to life: the heart of awareness. Teachings given at Brighthelm Centre, Brighton, UK, 2nd December 2012.
- Wisdom and compassion. Teachings given in Macclesfield, UK, 22-24 February 2013.
- The natural freedom of the mind. Teachings given at a retreat in Geneva, 19-20 March 2016.