Patrul Rinpoche texts
Gathered together here are what James Low has taught on Patrul Rinpoche, specifically on his text on ‘The Two Truths’.
Here is the text in Tibetan ( provided by CR Lama with an additional line from the current Patrul Rinpoche), together with an English translation.
These chapters below are from Simply being: texts in the dzogchen tradition (James Low, Antony Rowe Publishing, 2010. ISBN 9781907571015)
Chapter 7. Instructions in the Mahayana View which Clarifies the Two Truths, by Patrul Rinpoche
Chapter 10. Self-Liberating Understanding, by Patrul Rinpoche
Chapter 11. The Essential point in three statements, by Patrul Rinpoche
The complete list of teachings referring to Patrul Rinpoche is here.
Some examples are listed below
- James taught on the Two Truths on 11 March 1995 in Frankfurt.
You can read the transcript here
- James taught on the Two Truths on 18-20 Jan 2008 in Berlin.
You can listen to this here.
- James taught on the Two Truths and the Three statements on 2-22 June 2014 in Todtmoos.
“Reference will be made to… Patrul Rinpoche’s text on the Two Truths and to Patrul Rinpoche’s Commentary on the Three Statements of Garab Dorje, chapters 7 and 11 in Simply Being.”
You can watch the video recording here in English and German.
- James taught on the Two Truths on 3-4 October 2015 in Tartu, Estonia.
You can listen to this here in English and in Estonian. You can read here an Estonian translation by Kadri Raudsepp of the Patrul Rinpoche text on the Two Truths (Simply being, chapter 7). It is preceded by a short biography of Patrul Rinpoche.
- James taught on chapter 10, Self-liberating understanding, in the Kamalashila Institute at the Eifel from 15-18 October 2015.
You can listen here to the audio version and watch the video recording here.
- James taught on chapter 11, The Essential point in three statements, by Patrul Rinpoche, in Todtmoos-Au from 12-14 June 2009
You can watch the video recording here.
You can read the transcript here.
- James taught on chapter 11, The Essential point in three statements, by Patrul Rinpoche, on Zoom on 405 July 2020.
You can read the texts he used here.