A Prayer for Peace
A Prayer for Peace
- Download the Prayer in Dutch translated by Janine
- Download the Prayer in German translated by Robert
- Download the prayer in Hindi translated by Divya
- Download the Prayer in Hungarian translated by Tamas
- Download the Prayer in Polish translated by Janek
- Download the Prayer in Portuguese translated by Madalena
- Download the Prayer in Russian translated by Kirill
- Download the Prayer in Spanish translated by Juan
- Download the Prayer in Turkish translated by Mustafa
From unawareness of the open source
Thoughts of self and other arise
Resting on the false ground
Of imagined inherent existence.
Imagining myself to be real, and
Looking at others as mere resource
I select and reject in order to
Develop and maintain my identity.
With my sense of who I am
Others are deemed to be friend or enemy.
This ego-self seeks unimpeded mastery, and
Resistance is taken as insult and proof of guilt.
This deluded and deluding patterning
Imposed on ever-fresh occurrence
Is the root cause of war and conflict,
Of denigration and absence of empathy.
All appearances are empty of inherent existence.
Attributions of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ are applied to rainbows and clouds.
The unborn ungraspable is our source,
Our radiant field, and our apparitional dance.
May the light of the Buddhas’ love
Shine into the hearts of both
The fearful and the fearsome
Dispelling the dualistic reification that traps them.
Buddhas, please dissolve the dark night of entities
With the dawning of awareness of non-duality.
May we live in the bright day of awareness and emptiness,
Clarity and emptiness, appearance and emptiness.
In this timeless now may we all
Abide in peace, love and collaboration.
May the radiance at the heart of all beings
Soften their ego-shells and let the light of love shine forth.
James Low, February 2022.
The painting of James Low was done in 2022 by Jiří Král 2022 of Turkey.
Download PDF in English